What are Dentures?
Dentures are removable replacement teeth for any portions missing from the mouth. They are often known as “false teeth.” There are multiple types of dentures and materials used to make them. The most common material used for production today is acrylic resin.
Complete dentures – Used when all of the teeth must be replaced. They will either be:
- Conventional (made after the teeth have been removed and the gum tissue is beginning to heal)
- Immediate dentures (made in advance which can be placed as soon as the teeth are extracted)
Partial Dentures – Used when only a few teeth need to be replaced.
Are Dentures Right for Me? – 5 Reasons Why
- Dentures are a relatively low cost option compared to implants and crowns
- Custom dentures can be produced in only a matter of days
- They are a common and readily available dental option
- Dentures restore any sagging tissue due to loss of natural teeth
- They assist in preventing any remaining natural from shifting over time