What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial teeth roots placed into the jawbone that allow your dentist or prosthodontist to fix a replacement tooth or bridge. This provides a strong base that does not come loose; it is permanent unless surgically removed. This is a common prosthodontic service when teeth need to be replaced.
6 Reasons to Choose Dental Implants:
- Dental implants are one of many options to replace a lost tooth or teeth
- Feel and look like your own teeth
- Improved confidence – no inconvenience of removing dentures
- Improve the ability to eat comfortably – dentures may slide or move during eating
- Surrounding teeth do not have to be altered for dental implants
- Many implants can last a life time with proper care