What are Dental Crowns?
In order to restore a tooth’s size, shape, and strength, dental crowns are place over the tooth. They are commonly referred to as “caps” bringing the tooth to its perfect shape will restore your smile to picture perfect condition. Crowns come in several time including stainless steel, resin, porcelain, and ceramic.
6 Reasons Why Dental Crowns Are Used
- Restored size and shape of the tooth
- Strengthening of the tooth
- A secure option for filling gaps
- Protection of the tooth from decay with those at high risk
- To cover a dental implant
- To place over teeth that are severely discolored